The Office of Global Missions of the Alabama Baptist State Board of Missions would like to honor an OUTSTANDING 2019 MISSION VOLUNTEER. Your help is needed!
Please think about lay people you know who you feel are worthy of being recognized as an outstanding volunteer and make your recommendation. We realize that there are many OUTSTANDING VOLUNTEERS in Alabama Baptist churches; however, we want to select one outstanding individual or couple to receive this honor.
Please comply with the following guidelines as you make your recommendation:
- Complete all information requested on the 2019 Outstanding Mission Volunteer Info Form.
- Nominations, documentation and all letters of endorsement must be received no later than September 20, 2019, in the Office of Global Missions.
- Nominees should be outstanding volunteers who exemplify the Acts 1:8 strategy for missions involvement, meaning that nominees should have documented involvement in at least three of the following areas: (1) “Jerusalem” – Associational Missions, (2) “Judea” – State Missions, (3) “Samaria” – North American Missions, and (4) “the Uttermost Parts of the World” – International Missions. (If a nominee has not been involved in at least 3 of the Acts 1:8 areas, please do not nominate that person.)
- Support documentation, such as dates, location, nature of the assignment, etc., is required for the nominee’s mission involvement during the past five years.
- Additional documentation required, such as testimonies or letters of recommendation from Directors of Missions, pastors, missionaries, or others, will strengthen the nomination. No phone calls or e-mail recommendations and/or endorsements will be accepted!
- Include your own letter of endorsement giving your reasons why your nominee should be recognized as Outstanding Alabama Baptist Missions Volunteer 2019.
- Postmark date of nomination return is not acceptable after deadline date given.
On Tuesday, November 12, the annual Volunteer of the Year Recognition will be held in the sanctuary of Eastern Shore Baptist Church, Daphne, during the Annual Alabama Baptist Convention.
Check out the award presentation at the Alabama Baptist Convention of the 2018 Missions Volunteer of the Year Ruth Coggins.